Tyk API Gateway VS. Express Gateway
Open source: beyond the pretty packaging. There are a lot of choices when it comes to choosing and API Gateway. If you’re considering a new API strategy or just kicking the tires, we’ve found that it’s tough find hype-free information that actually helps understand what to look for in an API Gateway and how it fits into even traditional Microservices architecture. So, we rallied the community of developers, executives and thought leaders to get the skinny on the differences (and similarities) of the most popular projects for the API Gateway use case.
Not ready? Let’s kick things off then with a quick hype-free run down. Buzzword vortex is not our style, so we asked our community of developers and executives what the real deal was all about and here’s a summary based on their real-time use cases, issues and solutions.
Is it Go time?
Factors to consider when comparing API Gateways
- Elevator Pitches – Ready. Set. TLDR.
- Features and Architecture – How does the stack..well..stack up?
- Getting Started, Deployment and Configuration – How you can get started right away.
- Database Support – What is it and where to find it.
- Administration and Maintenance – Admins to the front!
- Built-in Plugin Support – Easy-to-follow, side-by-side comparison of popular features
- Custom Plugin Support – Everything & the kitchen sink (and probably more)
- + much more…
Why are we talking API Gateways?
In our analysis, we’ll provide additional insight into what an API gateway is and how it works. In addition to comparing the Tyk API Gateway and Express Gateway, an API Gateway built entirely on Express.js, you’ll get a hands-on tutorial on what this could mean for your tech stack, APIs and microservices. It’s more than just APIs – it’s about strategy. Features and plugins pave the way for your ability to be agile in the market, spare developer resources and open up new growth for your company by offering rich customer experiences and integrations.
TLDR: API Gateways are a key asset to any API strategy.
Now it’s time to take a look at what a little open source can do for your business.
If you’ve got questions about this comparison or analysis, let us know. If you’re interested in how to migrate from Tyk or even just to give Express Gateway a try,hit us up. We’re always on the hunt for use cases and understanding more about what companies are using, issues they’re facing or successes they’ve felt.
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Sign up for our private demo – your feedback helps prioritize our roadmap with the most value realized within the shortest amount of time
- Learn all about our partnership with Joyent (also featured on Containerworld)