LunchBadger is a VC-funded, early-stage startup building a next-generation platform that empowers developers and enterprises to compose, manage, monitor, and monetize cloud-native API microservices. For more information, please check out LunchBadger.com and our open source project, Express Gateway.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Backend & Infrastructure to complement our team’s previous experience scaling startups such as StrongLoop and Apigee. We’re looking for flexible, agile, and talented Developers who love startups, building from scratch, and creating exciting and usable products/services for people all over the world.
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience creating backend middleware services that run on Linux
- Knowledge of common server-side libraries and frameworks for Node.js, such as Express or LoopBack
- Understanding of good software engineering practice
- Ability to work from home with flexible hours
- Assertive “go-getter” attitude to get work done with little supervision
- DevOps experience in cloud production environment
- Experience with IaaS providers such as AWS, and related tooling and automation (e.g. CloudFormation, AWS API, etc)
- Familiarity with operational tooling (Terraform, logging/metrics/monitoring systems, etc)
Highly desirable skills/experience
- Experience with React
- Skill at automation using scripting languages, tools and frameworks
- Understanding of container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon
- Skill at evaluation and integration of databases, RDBMS and NoSQL
- Previous early stage startup experience
- Previous work experience at an API software provider
How to Apply
If this position interests you, now is the time to get on it!
In order to get started, email [email protected] with your resume, Github link (if you have it) and a little bit about why you’re the perfect fit.
Additionally, you may also want to check out some of our Blog posts. Also, we are on Twitter (@lunchbadger, @express_gateway), LinkedIn, and Facebook sharing all of the latest news, updates and perspective.
If you just can’t get enough, we also encourage you to check out our Product Demo. Spoiler Alert – it features our mascot.
So if this sounds up your alley, we can’t wait to see what you’re building!
(Only Principals, No Agencies.)
Is it just not what you’re looking for?
Just in case, if this role is not something you are currently looking for – we get it! Over the next few months, we’re going to be growing our team. So if you love what we’re up to at LB, but have other super powers – send us your resume and we’ll take a looksie to see if there could be a fit in the future.