It’s been a great couple of months and now it’s time to break out the boxed wine and the slow jams for this month’s community update. We get it, you’re building epic apps and so we’ve rounded up the latest and greatest updates in one place.
Kubernetes, Serverless and a new unified platform
Let’s kick this off with the biggest badger in the room. If you haven’t already noticed, we’ve been busy updating the LunchBadger platform and website, but that’s not all!
- New opportunities with Kubernetes, Serverless and Docker.
- We’ve been showing off the platform to several enterprises and they love badgers!
- We have successfully launched our medium account so if you haven’t taken a look, we’ve gotten quite a few articles in top Tech/Dev focused medium publications now.
- We relaunched our blog too! Check out the new look and let us know what you think.
- We ran out of HoneyBadger stock photos..
And in other news….
See you soon, ya’ll!
As part of our ongoing commitment to the community, we’ve lined up two amazing speaking gigs with one of our esteemed engineers, Vincenzo Chianese.
- 11/8-11/11 – “Rest, for Real” at CodeMotion in Milan
- 12/7 – Code Europe: the Largest dev conference in Poland!
We will post event wrap ups, slides, and more goodies on our blog and all over social so stay tuned for more on those events as details become available.
I will also speak at the APIs & IPAs Meetup on 11/14 – so check it out if you’re in the San Francisco Bay Area and come say hello!
About that open source project
It has been an incredible ride building Express Gateway, an open source API gateway built entirely on Express.js. As you may already know Express Gateway, gives you, the developer, gateway capabilities while LunchBadger gives you composition and aggregation/mashup for rolling up fine grain microservices into engagement level APIs.
So here’s some open source magic we think you’ll appreciate:
500+ stargazers 1,400+ Downloads
Ho.ly. Crap. Thank you so much for your support! We’re so grateful and special shoutout to our co-sponsors Joyent for supporting the project!
Other news items..
- Based on community feedback from feathub, we’ve created and announced the Official Docker Images for Express Gateway. So keep those votes rolling in!
- We had two successful releases and, in case you missed it – here’s a great overview.
- We did a kickass webinar with our co-sponsors Joyent
If you’re interested in more updates join the live discussion on Social Media: twitter (@lunchbadger) or (@express_gateway). Check out the links below for more ways to get involved, learn and get coding!
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Sign up for a demo – your feedback helps prioritize our roadmap with the most value realized within the shortest amount of time
- Learn about the inaugural feature set we’re striving for to make APIs repeatedly fast, easy and manageable as you evolve through the API lifecycle itself.