- June 1, 2016 LunchBadger is born
Al Tsang, former CTO of StrongLoop, creates LunchBadger.
- July 13,2017 LunchBadger raises $1.5M from Pelion Ventures
LunchBadger raises 1.5M investment to reduce complexity working with APIs.
- July 19th,2017 Shubhra Kar and Dimitri Sirota become advisors for LunchBadger
LunchBadger welcomes Shubhra Kar, Vice President of Product and Digital Marketing at Joyent, and Dimitri Sirota, Chief Executive Officer of BigID as key advisors to help guide the future of LunchBadger.
- July 25, 2017 LunchBadger becomes the next Heavybit member
Heavybit, an accelerator focused on developer tools, admits LunchBadger.
- July 27, 2017 Express Gateway makes a huge splash
LunchBadger launches Express Gateway, an open source API Gateway built entirely on Express.js.
- July 28, 2017 LunchBadger’s open source project Express Gateway featured in Infoworld
LunchBadger’s Express Gateway is an ‘out of the box’ API gateway for microservices built on the Express framework for Node.js.
- November 9th, 2017 Lunchbadger goes serverless
New to the LunchBadger platform, serverless capabilities and multi-cloud features are a go!
- December 19th, 2017 LunchBadger announces partnership with Joyent
Joyent, an industry heavyweight, teams up with the LunchBadger crew to create a new partnership offering.
Article featured in Container Journal
- December 28th, 2017 LunchBadger partnership with Joyent gets featured on SDXCentral
Dan Miller, journalist, feature LunchBadger’s new partnership in SDX Centeral.
- January 21st, 2018 Express Gateway reaches over 10k downloads
Express Gateway, an open source API Gateway built entirely on Express.js., reaches over 10k downloads in record time.
- February 10, 2018 LunchBadger gets a nice little mention in TechCrunch
LunchBadger is just one more way to say “Let’s Go” to APIs and Microservice development.
- March 6th, 2018, New LunchBadger serverless capabilities get noticed by the New Stack
Susan Hall, reporter with the New Stack, features the latest LunchBadger serverless development.
- March 22nd, 2018, LunchBadger kicked off a brand new Developer Spotlight Series
Each week, a new perspective, how to or other essential code snippet laden money-shot into the blog.
- April 1st, 2018, LunchBadger launches commercial support for Express Gateway
By popular request, Lunchbadger launches a new commercial support offering for Express Gateway, an open source API Gateway built on Express.js
- July 8th, 2019, Express Serverless Platform goes open source!
Following the successful footsteps of Express Gateway, Express Serverless Platform is now an open source project with its own brand new standalone site.
What does the future hold? Learn more about we’re building.
Why we invested in LunchBadger with Pelion Venture Partners
LunchBadger’s platform is a huge step forward with better visibility and management of an API for better business functionality and value. LunchBadger offers in one platform both the technical features and simplicity to bring together all of the stakeholders.
Partner, Pelion Ventures